29 days,

29 Days Left

3:36:00 PM Unknown 2 Comments

Challenge number one done, 29 days left! For my First Grace challenge I made homemade bread for this man in my town. His story is a heartbreaking story, he was a master electrician and when I say master he was the best in his trade. The word on the street was he could do anything with electricity he had a God given talent. So he started a company became a millionaire and then sorrowfully threw it all away for alcohol. In 20 years he went from a respectable member of the community to a miserable alcoholic. His millions gone long ago and now he lives with numerous cats in a small run downed trailer that should be condemned. He has no friends, no family; he looks like skin and bones. His attire is dirty, torn, and has a pungent aroma of cat pee. He has created a gloomy life for himself and people don’t care, he caused all his troubles and people have no sympathy for him. When I was thinking about this challenge he was the first person that came to my mind, so I made him bread and my husband remarked “but he is a stranger!” I replied with a crooked smile “I know.” He gave me a sideways glance like your peculiar, but I’m use to that I am sure hubby thinks I am a little eccentric most of the time, but walking away shaking his head with a smile he said “ He will really like that”. Furthermore, I was met by many demons during this challenge. The demon fear was the chief demon, I was fearful people and this stranger would think I was senseless, I could hear the devil in my ear whispering “You’re not helping....he will laugh.” But I pushed those thoughts away and in spite of fear I completed my challenge and I hope that this cheerless man has a better day today and knows someone has noticed him. After completing this challenge I experienced no life changes but I feel I am thinking and looking for ways I can show Grace and Mercy and that is a start for a better life and world. So I know all you are sitting with enthusiasm on the edge of your seat waiting for the next challenge so wait no more tomorrow’s challenge is... befriend a “nobody”, look around and find that person that is always around but alone and no one ever notices them they are the invisible part of the world, do something to show friendship and help make them feel loved and that they belong.

I am bending my knee

In the eye of the Father who created me,

In the eye of the Son who died for me,

In the eye of the Spirit who cleansed me,

In love and desire.

Pour down upon us from heaven

The rich blessing of Thy forgiveness;

Thou who art uppermost in the City,

Be Thou patient with us.

Grant to us, Thou Saviour of Glory,

The fear of God, the love of God, and His affection,

And the will of God to do on earth at all times

As angels and saints do in heaven;

Each day and night give us Thy peace.

Each day and night give us Thy peace.

Ancient Celtic prayer collected by Alexander Carmichael (1832-1912), published in Carmina Gadelica (Edinburgh: Floris Books, 1992). These are prayers, hymns, and incantations collected in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland in the 18th century.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea.... I don't know if I am quite ready to walk this journey with you... but maybe.... I know that I AM looking forward to reading about what you do and the outcome... I LOVE what you did here and so admire your bravery!!! You go girl! I can't wait to see how day two goes!!

Anonymous said...

Hi new friend, I am now following you via MBC.