25 Days Left, Let's show Thanks Today

9:36:00 AM Unknown 2 Comments

Before I begin I want to let everyone know that my Aunt has contacted my Sister and next Saturday we are all meeting for coffee, maybe after 13 years we can start to rebuild our relationship, I will pray and let you know how our visit goes.
For this challenge I was really unsure of what I was going to do in till the moment I did it. What I should do for my act of grace came upon me at Wal-Mart when I was in the checkout I was waiting for my turn and noticed the cashier was the attractive 20 something girl and she had old scars up her arm that look as if she had been a cutter at one point and she has this look if sorrow in her eyes. But in despite of her sad appearance she was an excellent cashier friendly, efficient, she packed the grocery amazing and overall a good cashier. So I said to myself I am going to call and tell her manger. So when I got home I called that Wal-Mart and at first they assumed I wanted to tell them something bad, I guess most people only call when they have something imperfect to tell, but imagine their surprise when I went on a rant about how amazing this cashier was, they assured me that they would let her know and I hope they do. It is amazing how being appreciated and noticed can make people happy and I hope my comment made her cheery. Sometimes when people are in poor sprite just a simple comment of “thank-you I appreciated that” can make a big difference! This lead to today’s challenge I want you to tell people throughout the day that you appreciated them; old, young, child, husband, wife, everyone; even if they do something for you and in your opinion did it badly still tell them and witness the power you have to make small positive changes in others lives that takes little or no time to you but makes a world of a difference to them!

Gracious God, in the busy-ness of my day, I sometimes forget to stop to thank you for all that is good in my life.







My blessings are many and my heart is filled with gratefulness for the gift of living, for the ability to love and be loved, for the opportunity to see the everyday wonders of creation, for sleep and water, for a mind that thinks and a body that feels.






I thank you, too, for those things in my life that are less than I would hope them to be. Things that seem challenging, unfair, or difficult. When my heart feels stretched and empty, and pools of tears form in my weary eyes, still I rejoice that you are as near to me as my next breath and that in the midst of turbulence, I am growing and learning.






In the silence of my soul, I thank you most of all for your unconditional and eternal love.






Amen.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's true that it's always easier to criticize rather than compliment. We probably all pull up on this.

Anonymous said...

I love doing this! I try and do it whenever it occurs to me - I do need to do it more often though - thanks for reminding me of that!!